On many of the smaller asbestos removal projects the client is often happy to oversee the works themselves, however where the removal works are more complex, or of a larger scale, our clients often want an extra level of reassurance that the contract is being completed to the standard required.
The level of supervision we provide for asbestos removal works will vary depending on the nature of works being undertaken, services are likely to include some, or all of the following:
- Preparing contractor specifications for the works – We can create the specification of works for you, ensuring compliance with current regulations and providing a comprehensive breakdown of your requirements to the tendering contractor.
- Tender Management – Liaising with contractors on site for the purpose of tendering, tender evaluation, advice in relation to selecting the right contractor for the job.
- Plan of work review – We can review the proposed method statement submitted by the appointed contractor and audit contractor documentation prior and during contract.
- Site Management – We can arrange the necessary air monitoring and evaluate the level of monitoring required. We can undertake contractor audits during removal works and act as an independent client / contractor liaison.
- Client Representative – Advise the client, act on behalf of the client. Attend meetings between client and contractor to advise the client on the contractor proposed options.
- Project Completion – On completion of the Asbestos Removal project ENV can prepare a Project completion file, providing a traceable record that the removal works were completed to a satisfactory standard.
We will ensure the contractor complies with their method statement and current legislation.
HSG 227: “For all but the most straightforward of jobs, it may be worthwhile considering employing a laboratory to at least help in the management of the contract.” Appendix 6: Paragraph 20